Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lazy Friday Afternoon

Feeling the crunch of the snow
under the weight of my steps
I can smell the promise of Spring
in the clean crispy air of a lazy Friday afternoon. 

A short walk… that is all
with the warmth of her hand in mine
filling my heart with the peace this love brings. 

A pause to look at the Drakes
they mate for life, you know? 
Maybe if I close my eyes
I can let myself hope to dream  
… one more time.

Another pause
this time to try to breathe and soak in this feeling inside. 
Maybe a picture will capture this pleasure
 - a selfish gesture, I know
A few more steps
crossing the bridge over the creek
I get a hug from my dog. 
 
My lover’s eye looking at me through the lens
I look up
I wonder if she can see the hope
maybe today the door will open
to take some of this love from me.

Or maybe next lifetime we’ll be Drakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment