Monday, April 29, 2013

I am Woman

I am emancipated
Terrified
Petrified
But certain
Looking ahead
Not behind
Not weighed down
Uplifted instead
Filled with hope
Ambition
And
Love
For me
Myself
And
I

I am unrestricted
Elated
Delighted
I am flying
Through the clear blue skies
Feeling the wind
Caress my body
Enfolding my breasts
Strengthening my wings
Pushing me
Forward
Onward
Higher
I am in me
With me
And
For me
Oh! What a wonderful place to be

I am liberated
Overthrown
Dethroned
Unobstructed
Un-constricted
Freed from apprehension
Doubt
And
Despair
Freed
from responsibility
Of saving a world
Not mine to mend
I am but one more
Mere human
Flawed
Weak
And strong
Beautiful
And tender
In my skin
And in my bones
Sensitive to the core
Powerful to behold.

I am woman
Watch me glow
Stand aside
Stand in awe
I have climbed
The mountain
Reached the top
battled the devil
And watched him run
I am here
I am now
See me
Touch me
Embrace me
Or move away
I have no time
To waste
On fears
And fake gold
Pull out your heart
And Let it shine
Let it be seen
Let it not
Or
Put it back and
get on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment